We are so delighted to be celebrating 10 years of Free Being Me and would love for you to be part of the celebrations!
As part of our 10th Year anniversary and International Being Me Day on the 22nd of May, we are requesting MO’s, individuals, and alumni to share their FBM story and experiences with us. One video will be featured each day in our WAGGGS social media leading up to International Being You Day.
If you would like to be part of this, kindly share a video of yourself or your volunteers to this link (FBM 10 Years Celebration) answering the following questions with the recommended video guidelines below:
- Kindly state your name/nickname and country where you are from
- Tell us when was the first time you participated in FBM and what was the body confidence issue that you were facing (or your peers are facing), if any
- How has FBM helped overcome your body confidence-related issue (or your members/girls' body confidence-related issue)? (You may want to share a personal struggle or story where you were able to apply what you have learned from FBM all through these years)
- What message do you tell yourself or others when you encounter situations that could potentially affect your (or their) body confidence and self-esteem?
So it can be used on all social media platforms or video twice once horizontally and once vertically.
Keep it steady:
Try not to move the camera too much. When you do, make sure you are holding the camera comfortably and avoid unnecessary vibration.
Keep it short:
Max video length 60 seconds
It is important to shoot the video with the light source behind you, shining on the subject. For example, if you are filming outside, make sure the sun is behind you. If you are filming an activity where you will move the camera, think about how this change will affect the light. If you are filming indoors, think about the location of windows and how that might change the light during the shoot.
Choose a quiet and comfortable location with as little background noise as possible and a background which reflects the nature of your interview but does not overpower and distract from the subject.
Set up the camera at the right height so the interviewee is not too low or too high in the frame.
Kindly share English transcripts with your video if it is another language
(subtitle software can then be used to translate the message in the video into the other WAGGGS languages)
Closing date for videos: Tuesday 9th May 2023
We are looking forward to sharing your amazing stories with Women and Girls around the world.
As part of this campaign, we require your consent to share your videos and images online.
- Kindly read the consent form
- Fill in the correct details for you or a minor (anyone younger than 18 years old)
- Send it to Abigail Bobby @ Abigail.firstname.lastname@example.org
We also encourage MOs, volunteers, advocates, and FBM/ABC participants and alumni to share their FBM journey on their own social media accounts and use #10YearsofFBM