Call for Participants: Online Free Being Me Global Facilitators Training
The Free Being Me Global Programme Team will be hosting a series of online training for the new Free Being Me (FBM) curriculum. The aim of the online training is to prepare Member Organisations (MOs) that would like to run their own training activities, and to implement FBM activities with their members.
If you are interested to participate in the online training, please sign up through the links provided.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the updated Free Being Me programme and its methods and principles
- Gain knowledge and skills in facilitating the new FBM programme
- Learn how to adapt FBM in different context
- Feel confident in running their own FBM training events and FBM activities
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
We are offering a maximum of 10 places per MO to attend the online training with the following profiles:
- Project Training Lead: A volunteer or staff member who can commit to supporting the delivery and rollout of Free Being Me.
- Trainer/Facilitator: A volunteer or staff who can commit to delivering a national training for leaders in Free Being Me at a time decided by your MO or facilitate the FBM activities with their members.
ABOUT THE ONLINE TRAINING
The training will consist of three 2 hours to 2.5-hour session (15 minutes of break). A training participant handbook will be provided to guide participants on the daily activities and expectations.
ONLINE TRAINING DATES
Date: February 8, 9 and 10
Time: 10:00am – 12:30pm GMT
Date: February 15, 16 and 17
Time: 5:00pm – 7:30pm GMT
Date: February 20, 21 and 22
Time: 11:00pm – 1:30am GMT
Date: March 1, 2 and 3
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm GMT
Date: March 6, 7 and 8
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm GMT
Date: 13,14 and 15 March
Language-English: 6am-8:30am UK time
Alternative schedule will also be available but depending on how many MOs sign up, we will decide whether to run training webinars for Free Being Me on the requested schedule (for example if only a few participants sign up for one slot we may not run that and provide you with later options).
Please note, if we are not able to offer a webinar for the schedule you have provided, and we cannot provide a suitable alternative we will still find ways to support you to roll out the programme and will bear the MO in mind for future training opportunities.
Participants will also need access to a stable internet connection. We will use the software Zoom to conduct the webinars, which is a free video conferencing software that can be downloaded onto your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Attend all three webinars
- Take part in a pre-task before the training as well as assignments in between the webinars. (Assignments will take approximately 30 minutes)
- Create a training plan and deliver FBM training to your MO
Member Organisation expectations
- Support participants after taking part in the webinars to finalise an action plan and form a team for the effective delivery of FBM in the MO
- Host a training event to train leaders on how to deliver the FBM/ ABC programme
- Report quarterly to WAGGGS on lives reached and project progress using WAGGGS reporting tools
- To find out more about Free Being Me and download the new FBM curriculum, visit: https://free-being-me.com/
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Having read the criteria and expectations, would your MO be interested in participating? Please complete the application form through the link provided below by 6 February 2023. If you need more time please get in touch with Rio Grace Otara email@example.com and Abigail Bobby at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
*Kindly note that you can change the language of the survey by clicking on the language tab on the upper right corner of the form.