16/40 New Members
12/40 Young Members
31/40 Associate Members
37/40 Members reaching their next giving level
updated 29 February 2024
Take a look in the OB-PS Annual Review
Learn about how donations to OB-PS impact girls and young women and what it means to be a Member of OB-PS
How do I join OB-PS?
If you would like to give back to the next generation of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, so they can have the same opportunities that you did then consider joining us today. There are many membership options to make this society accessible for all. You can sign up using our downloadable joining forms and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can join directly through the links below.
OB-PS Young Membership
£1000 – if you are under 35 you can donate £1000 to become a member of OB-PS.
This is a great Membership to gift someone.
The Olave Baden-Powell Society believes in the power of collective action to transform the lives of girls and young women in their communities, their countries, and on the global stage.
Join the Olave Baden-Powell Society in celebrating 40 years of empowerment, impact, and inspiration by becoming a part of our historic 40:40 Challenge.
Your support and action can shape the next 40 years of transformation by playing a pivotal role in nurturing the leaders of tomorrow, advancing gender equality, and driving social progress.
Between now and our next event in Copenhagen, Denmark, we need your help to recruit new Members to celebrate our 40th Anniversary Year in 2024.
Everyone who joins OB-PS makes a step towards positive change to shape a brighter future for girls and young women around the world through the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. For four decades, we've championed leadership and positive change among young women worldwide.
What can you do to support the OB-PS 40:40 Campaign?
Join us in celebrating 40 years of empowerment, impact, and inspiration by becoming a part of our historic 40:40 Challenge. Between our event in Malaysia in 2023 and our next event in Copenhagen, Denmark, we need your help to recruit new Members to OB-PS to celebrate our 40th Anniversary Year in 2024:
Can you help us meet our 40:40 Challenge by reaching out to recruit one new Member? You can make a profound impact on communities around the globe and be a beacon of hope for generations to come. Thank you so much for your continued support.
Recruit a new Member
You are challenged to talk to a friend about OB-PS and share with them the benefits of becoming a Member. Direct them to this website to sign up!
£10,000 Gold Award
£15,000 Global Award
£20,000 Presidents Award
£25,000 Princess Benedikte Award
£50,000 Leaders Award
£100,000 Innovators Award
£500,000 Visionary Award
£1,000,000 Change Makers Award
Gifting a Membership
The joy of giving is a powerful and positive force that can enrich both the lives of those who give and those who receive. It reminds us of how connected our lives are and the capacity for kindness and empathy that exists within each of us.
Acts of generosity can inspire others to do the same. When people witness acts of kindness, they may be motivated to do this too and it can make you feel like you are making a positive impact on someone.
Please consider ‘Gifting a Membership’ and make an impact with your donation on the lives of others.
Upgrading your Membership
The Society appreciates and recognizes those Members who have donated further amounts to the Olave Baden-Powell Society with the following Donor Recognition levels.
What does it mean to be a Member of OB-PS?
Your kindness gives a huge gift to girls and young women across the world.
- Courage, enthusiasm, drive. The girls and young women have it all. However, they need you.
- It has never been easy to be a girl. And today’s girls know it is going to get harder.
- Climate change, gender inequality, violence against women and corruption are all major challenges that lie ahead of them.
- OB-PS is the body that raises money exclusively for the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
- As a Member it joins your values with those of girls and young women worldwide who believe in the movement of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting.
- Guiding and Scouting members have something else that is rare. A chance to be themselves in a safe environment full of opportunities. Where they can take risks, have adventures and to grow into the strong and passionate women and women leaders the world urgently needs now and in the future.
- This is a crucial time in Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting history. Your support is more important than it has ever been.
- Your donation to WAGGGS aligns your own compassionate solidarity to today’s girls and young women. Helping them grow in skills, confidence and independence so they can rise to the challenges of an uncertain future.
- By donating to WAGGGS, and becoming a Member of OB-PS you will receive an invitation to the OB-PS Annual Event, held in different countries around the world, as well as the opportunity to participate in local events in your community and country.
You will be welcomed by the OB-PS Board Members, together with the visionary women and men who support the Society.
Hints and Tips
to help you recruit new Members for the campaign!
Everybody can promote the Campaign
- Talk about OB-PS and the 40:40 Challenge, you can take facts and information from this webpage
Plan activities around the number 40, e.g.
- Host 40 people for dinner
- Through a 40:40 cocktail party
- Speak to 40 people about OB-PS!
Gift a membership
- An Associate Membership on a 40th Birthday, 40th Anniversary or just to thank someone!
- Gifting a young membership to someone under 35
Use social media assets to promote the challenge through your channels
Have you got connections with your local Guiding/Scouting Organisation?
- on national, council, district, troop or any level
- do they know about OB-PS
- Focus on women and active leaders within the Movement
- Share with them how their national organisation benefits from WAGGGS
Have you got good OB-PS friends in other countries?
- Have you been to a Juliette Low Seminar or any other international WAGGGS meeting - do your friends know about OB-PS and the challenge?
- Share ideas across countries
What are your networks and how can you extend them?
- Reach out to others who are in your networks
- Connect different friends to new networks
The Olave Baden-Powell Society is 40 years old in 2024.
OB-PS was formed and approved in 1984 at the WAGGGS World Conference in Tarrytown, New York State in the United States.
A group of exceptional forward thinking visionary women had proposed the Society to the World Conference. They focussed on the future and considered the possibilities that could support the radical change of the lives of girls and young women. They were driven by their passion, their beliefs, with a strong sense of social responsibility and desire to improve the lives of others.
And so, OB-PS was born.
These forward-thinking women left a lasting legacy. Their ideas and contributions continue to influence and shape the world and opportunities for girls and young women.
For our Members, lifetime global friendships have been formed between OB-PS Members, expanding their horizons and broadening their views of the world. OB-PS Members are enriched by new perspectives, interests and experiences.
At the outset, it was agreed that a Royal Patron should be sought for OB-PS. Her Majesty Queen Ingrid of Denmark and her daughter, Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte of Denmark were invited to be Patrons of the Society. They kindly accepted, and Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte continues to be the OB-PS Royal Patron and is an active contributor to the comprehensive strategies and approaches developed to make OB-PS the modern, successful Society it is today.
OB-PS has grown to 1,700 Members. Women and men who have made generous donations to WAGGGS. Our Members have the ability and passion to inspire and influence others. They reach out to their peer group and networks to encourage them to join OB-PS, hence the Society has a vibrant membership that can turn a vision into a reality through their time, commitment, energy and leadership.
Leena Suviranta was a young delegate representing Finland at the WAGGGS World Conference at Tarrytown in New York State in 1984 where she was invited to vote to approve the formation of OB-PS. Today Leena is a Board Member of OB-PS