WAGGGS has put in place a team to support you through this process. Your first point of contact is your Regional Team (Regional Capacity Building contact or Regional Manager), so feel free to ask them for support with completing the CAT. It is also important to consider the support and advice that other networks may provide. Laws and regulations vary from country to country, of course, but you can often reach out for answers and insight from your local community. Please do refer to the Frequently Asked Questions and Glossary before you go through the tool, and allow yourself enough time for it.
Suggestions from MOs who have completed the CAT previously:
- Many organisations found that filling the CAT out in a group is best.
- Make sure you allow enough time for discussion.
- Involve Regional Commissioners.
- Staff and volunteers should work closely to complete the CAT.
- They suggested to use the tool for WAGGGS only every 3 years and to have the freedom for the organisation to use it as often as they like, including at the regional or district level
- To choose someone with experience to act as a facilitator for the group discussions and debriefing.
Once you have completed the CAT, you should be able to use the results to identify your own priorities for development or improvement. Although you can request support from the WAGGGS Capacity Building Team when you submit the CAT form, not all MOs are ready to begin work immediately. If you would like to request support at a later date you can do so by following the link below. This link can also be found in the Capacity Building Space on Campfire.
If you have any questions, you can always contact us at email@example.com