Menstrual Hygiene Day (MH Day) is marked on 28 May each year. It is a global advocacy platform that brings together voices and actions from around the world, promoting good Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) for all women and girls.
- Breaks the silence, raises awareness, and changes negative social norms around MHM, and
- Engages decision-makers to increase the political priority and catalyse action for MHM, at global, national, and local levels.
Red Pride Week is the 5 days leading up to MH Day on 28 May. It begins on Monday 24 May and culminates on Saturday 28 May - it is a time to learn, share and advocate!
- Please complete the activity on the specific date mentioned. You can access activities for each day by clicking on the pages under "Table of contents" at the right sidebar of this page. You can also download the full activity pack in Arabic, English, French and Spanish here. This will allow everyone to take part at the same time so we can work together to amplify our voices!
- You will be talking to lots of people and posting on social media so make sure that your message is relevant and represents yourself, your MO and WAGGGS positively.
- Ensure that you complete activities safely and follow your country’s COVID-19 guidelines.
- Use the following hashtags for all posts: #MHDay2022 and #WeAreCommitted
- Mention us: tag @wagggsworld (Instagram and Twitter) and @wagggs_world (Facebook); @menstrualhygieneday (Facebook and Instagram) and @mhday28may (Twitter).